1. Understand Your Customer and Your Competition
How well do you know your customers and your competition? Ask yourself the following:
• What language do my customers naturally use?
• How would they describe my app?
• What are their top reasons for downloading and using my app?
• What is my competitive advantage?
• What keywords do my competitors target?
• How easily can I compete against these apps on the same keywords?
Should I target the obvious keywords or the less obvious (and less traf cked) keywords that better speak to my unique offering and
points of differentiation?
Good stuff, I feel like the current general chat keywords are way above our weight. Need something more narrow and specific
Chances are, you have a very compelling way of describing your app. But this only helps with conversion after the customer has found your app’s product page. To rst drive customers to your page, you need to optimize for the way they describe your app. No matter how revolutionary your “dual-axis REM and ambient noise accelerometer” is, your potential customers will never discover it if their rst inclination is to search for a “sleep tracker.”